Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hi. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Welcome to my first blog post: I have no idea what I'm doing. Both in blogging and in parenting. I wish myself luck on both accounts.

I'm Liam's mom. He's adorable and funny and totally cuddly and warm. Unlike many moms, I don't feel like I lost my identity when I became a mom, or anything like that. I'm still completely who I am - and in true Molly-style, I'm flying by the seat of my pants with this whole mom-thing. I didn't read any parenting books - I'll never be a "Pintrest" - mom (never even been on Pintrest)- and I lost track of how many weeks old my baby is months ago. (He was born 3/5/13. I don't do math). I decided to start a blog to document my "doi!" moments with parenting. Because they happen a lot:

- The first time Liam got sick: I remember he wouldn't sleep that night, and I kept thinking "wow! He feels so hot!" Did I put two and two together that my baby had a fever? Of course not. I even sent him to daycare the next day only to get a call an hour later that he had a fever of 102.3. I'm awesome.
- When my son was 5 weeks old, I thought I broke his penis. Enough said.
 - Around 5 months into parenting, my husband asked me if we should be concerned our son wasn't speaking yet. This is more his "doi" moment than mine, but I'm not going to say I didn't consult the internet just to be sure he was completely fine...

Most recently, however, we had the swimming lesson debacle. I'll post on that later, because I'm going to keep these posts short. But look forward to the swimming lesson post. Seriously. For now, I leave you with a little picture of me and Liam.

No comments:

Post a Comment